Thursday, August 16, 2007

OH! That old picture! And Other Ruminations

Yes, there is a photographic representation of this writer. This was used by The Enterprise when I wrote my "Babbling Brooks" column for them almost ten years ago. I like the photo and I don't know why. Maybe because it is one of the fairest representations of me that I have. Maybe it takes me back to a time when I was meeting dead-lines and spent my summers camping in the woods of Caswell County.

Much has changed since this photo in my life. Carol and I now have two grandsons who are presents from two great sons and two wonderful daughters-in-law. A third is expected in December.

I am surviving from my deep dark bouts with depression.

I am back on course as a conservative Christian. Don't misunderstand this statement! Not the Christian Right.

  • I am a believer in the teachings of Christ and the "red letters" in my Bible are my guide.
  • I do not believe in abortion or gay marriages. However, I do wish that these would become more of a discussion and debate in the Church, than in the the legislatures of this country.
  • I believe that every individual is a gift of God and
  • that no child should have to live in poverty.
  • I believe that our "Great Commission" is to help those who need help, not just with money, but with a smile and a hand up.
  • I believe that God is color blind and that all the races and creeds of this world are a part of His plan.
  • I believe that in America that the Bill of Rights is what we must adhere to and no established religion is just as important as free expression.
  • I believe that tax dollars should be used more efficiently in solving the poverty, hunger and genocide in this world.
  • I believe that good people have to stand tall and to express their opinions rather than accepting the status quo.

I wish for you a great day and sweet dreams. Just remember that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. So Carpe Diem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's up cbrooksgardner.blogspot.com blogger found your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com